Survival Swim Lessons for
Babies and Toddlers
What will my Child Learn?
Infants (6 - 12 Months Old)
Infants learn to hold their breath underwater, roll onto their back, and float unassisted while relaxing and breathing freely.
Children (1 - 6 years old)
Children learn to hold their breath underwater, swim a short distance with their head down and eyes open, roll onto their back to float and breathe, then flip back over to resume swimming. They will continue this swim-float-swim pattern until they reach the side of the pool and can crawl out or float while waiting to be rescued by an adult
The Survival Swim Lesson Experience
- Lessons are customized to your child and taught one-on-one. I do not offer group lessons. Your child’s lesson experience will be unique and, to provide the safest possible lesson, my attention must be focused on your child only throughout the lesson period.
- Lessons are no more than 10 minutes a day, 5 days a week, Monday through Friday. In order to master these survival swim skills, the enrollment period is generally 4 to 6 weeks.
- Since statistics show that most children who drown are fully clothed, during the final week of lessons each of my students will have the opportunity to practice their survival skills in both their summer and winter clothes.
- After the initial lesson experience is complete, it is recommend that every child participate in a few refresher lessons during the year. This will enable your child to learn to adjust their swimming and floating skills to their continually growing and developing bodies.
- Registration Fee: $55 for a first-time registration ($25 for each additional sibling). The Registration Fee is paid directly to Anthea Morris via credit card when you register online, or may be mailed in the form of a check, cash or money order. Please e-mail Anthea at firstname.lastname@example.org for the mailing address. With each paid registration your child will receive a free reusable cloth swim diaper at their first lesson. After registration is complete, you will receive an e-mail confirming that your child can start lessons.
- Weekly Lesson Fee: $75 per week payable by cash, check, or credit card via PayPal (Summer session). Spring session is $60 per week (spring session is 4 days a week). Payment is due weekly on Mondays. Typically it takes 4-6 weeks for a child to become skilled, depending on their age. However, Survival Swim Lessons are always tailored to each child's individual emotional and physical pace.
- Refresher Lessons: $15 per lesson or $75 per week payable by cash, check, or credit card via PayPal. It is recommended that your child have a few refresher lessons every 6-12 months depending on their age and skill level.
- Anthea's Swim Academy offers partial lesson fee scholarships to families in need. This is to ensure that no child is prevented from enrolling in lessons due to financial reasons. For more information regarding this scholarship, please contact Anthea at email@example.com.